Monday, November 07, 2005

Who are THEY?

I was talking to my friend the other day about losing weight and she said ,"They say that you lose weight if you drink a glass of warm water the first thing in the morning".I tried following it too for a few days 'coz you know, THEY are usually right.If THEY say something, its done done. Whatever you say doesnot matter, whatever you feel does not matter..THEY have to certify it.

When I am arguing with someone, I always give my best shot by starting a statement with ,"But, they say...".You see, no one can question THEY.Its like,"Oh!!THEY said it..Really..Hmmm..All these days I was believing the opposite.Thank God you opened my eyes". But, if your nemesis is equally talented,he can make a counter argument using THEY. Beware!

I am still trying to know THEM. I hope I meet atleast one of them in my lifetime. THEY are invincible. THEY know everything.THEY rule our universe.I switched from picking bright red apples to light golden ones while grocery shopping because THEY said that golden apples are the sweetest. I started walking backwards for a couple of minutes everyday while exercising as THEY said that it strengthens my calf muscle. Who cares if others find it weird? I have THEM supporting me.I can go on and on about how much THEY have influenced me.But,the most amazing thing is THEY are always supportive.

Does anyone know THEM? If so, let me know !!

4 comments:

sdpal said...

Since you are following "Their" advice.. I dont understand, are you being sarcastic towards "Them"?
Or Supportive ?
I guess, at one point or another.. we all belong to that "They" group, as soon as we give out any advice/suggestion. Let it be cold or cough or mp3 players or anything that matters (whether it works or not).

bumblebee said...

I usually question whatever "they" say! I think "they" are generally people with long tough to pronounce names or anonymous authors or...Well, I could go on, but I realize now it was a rhetoric question :-)

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

They say that you are a great writer and I think so too...:)...

As long as "they" are reasonable, I'll go with it. If not, I try to find who "they" really are?

BrainWaves said...

"We" sometime use "them" to our advantage. Especially, if we think the arguments with others are not going in our way. So, it depends on which said "they" are that matters.

Talking about www, it is one of THEIR form, that is all.

BTW, Interesting perspective