Saturday, November 05, 2005

Blogger's Dilemma

I am a very confused person. When I asked one of my friends if her course was complicated, she said "One could complicate it if they want. But, I dont". I thought that was a great answer. Unfortunately, I complicate things hoping that I see through all possibilities.

To add to my confusions, of late I have got into this dilemma about blogging. When do I blog? and What do I blog about? Whenever someone adds a new blog to the list, I keep wondering, would it be appropriate to blog now... I thought to myself, may be a day would be a good time so that the person who blogs thinks that they got their share of time in being the headline subject. But then, if I have something that I think is very interesting, it is becoming increasingly difficult to curb my enthusiasm without posting it. But then, just about the time when I think it is right, and see someone posting a blog, it puts me back where I started...

When I add a blog, I feel like I steal the current headline. It is as if, the other blog is not important anymore. I have the headline now even if it may not be a very significant or an interesting topic. But then, should I care, or not? If I see an emotionally touching blog, would it be appropriate to write a funny blog following it or should I post some tutorial kind of blog and then post a funny blog. Kind of, a buffer to tune people's mind into something different.

I think that I have a lot of thinking to do... When I post a blog, should I care about the topic that I choose ? Should I care about the previous blog that was posted? Should I care about what relation my blog has with the previous blog? Should I care about others and their sensitivity to the non-sequitur ? Does writing about this whole thing make me a caring person, or not...I dont know...

5 comments:

bumblebee said...

Yes, you do overly complicate things! But it was nice to read the voice you gave to your imagination.

I believe you should post anything that comes to your mind, regardless of consequences! It takes all kind of bloggers to make a blog diverse and succesful:-) I think the creator of this blog will agree. What do you say Survivor?

Survivor said...

The idea of a blog is to share your thoughts and info ..so, I guess even if it is second or third and not the first one to be displayed, it will still be a headline subject for someone who is interested in it.

Hurray , Mindframes ! Rest assured....You are THE MAN !!

BrainWaves said...

We are all learning as we go along. I don't think much about when I put the blog (or what I blog for that matter :) )

If we had a way to sort our blogs to different sections, then you wouldn't be worried so much I think.

sdpal said...

Being an outside reader (other than the five of you writers in this page).. I could say, it doesnt matter. If its serious.. or funny or tutorial.. for me its a new blog. I will be glad, if I find something funny, after something serious. Moreover, Often I forget, who had written the blog. Its just the matter, stays upon.

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

Cool... Now, I can relax...:)...One less thing to think about...Its always good to listen to other's opinions.

Once the blog list gets bigger, we should probably move to brainwaves' idea of having different sections. If someone has a good template for a blog-page, we should try to use it.