Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Can you recognize me?

I was watching a Rajini movie the other day in which he has a double role. The first time when they both meet each other in a jail, one of them says ," Adhu eppidipa nee enna madhiriye irruke".This is something that has intrigued me always whenever I watch a movie like that. Do you really think you can recognize yourself . Actually, I dont look at myself that often to register my face thoroughly. I might be able to instantly affirm somebody's resemblance to Suresh as I live with him and see him every single day. I have not seen even a single movie where they fail to recognize the other person in the very first shot. My face is not that unique , though I assume it to be :-). I can easily get lost in a crowd and it has been more than once when people have said that I resemble one of their friends.Maybe, I have the "girl next door" look , which would make it all the more tough to recognize my double. The question is..Can you?

PS:
Talking about double roles reminds me of the time when I took my niece Arthi, who was 7 yrs old then, to watch the movie "Duplicate". She got very confused on seeing "good Sharukh" and "bad Sharukh", shouting for all to hear almost in most of the shots, "Shoba, Is this good Sharukh or bad Sharukh?". Man...That was ONE confusing movie for her , in turn providing non stop entertainment for me and my friend A. ...LOL

8 comments:

Meera Manohar said...

Your last footnote was fabulous *LOL*

:)

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

I wonder how identical twins will feel like...When everyone say that they look exactly like the other person, if they meet someone who resemble them, will they be able to identify themselves quite easily?

Manohar said...

very interesting. I suppose we won't recognize somebody who looks like us- until somebody points it out.

Therefore I think twins have a good chance of spotting somebody like them. Since they see exactly what they look like in each other...

BrainWaves said...

Interesting blog. I was not used to seeing myself in mirror (the mirror which we had when I was growing up can barely cover from top of the head to nose :) )
So, when I get a chance to see my complete face for long time, I used to get scared. .... (fill-in your jokes)
Mainly because I never had my characters tied to a face and the face I see in mirror looked alien.
Same with my voice played back.

But that is not the case nowadays, eventhough I may not recognise my double, I will not get scared :)

Survivor said...

@Mano,
I guess twins might recognize as they do live with their doubles.

@Brainwaves,
It was one scary thought, huh?:-)
Reminds me of a movie where Vadivel looks @ himself in a mirror and asks the shopkeeper,"Andha Korangu bommai..a kudunga":-)

BrainWaves said...

I said...add jokes..not to give your opinion :)

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

@survivor: a once hall of famed "Aravindaswamy" shouldnt be denigrated that way...;)

@brainwaves: That charming face with lots of moustaches and a well groomed beard...;)

bumblebee said...

Interesting point. I have had instances when I thought some people are like some others I know. For instance, I feel Rachael Ray from $40 a day, when I first saw her, I felt she was like you and I wondered why. It might be the mannerism rather than the looks. She is very lively and animated. I have observed this a couple of times when I have associated people who most probably have never met before.