Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Resolutions

I have never been a big fan of resolutions, especially on new years, atleast not the person to let others know what my resolutions are until I achieve it. But, this year, I thought I will jot it down just so that I can plan on something over a longer period of time. By telling it to a bigger audience, there is a high chance of me having a pressure to achieve it. Okay, here goes the top 3...

i) Travel to atleast 2 different countries that I havent travelled before.

ii) Run atleast 1000 miles by this year end. This includes running atleast 2 marathons. (Last year, it was around 550 miles)

iii) Get a motor bike license and probably own one. At the least, start biking to work if weather permits. Part of my initiative on global warming...:)

11 comments:

sdpal said...

Normally people dont pressure us, but our conscience will (to save us from embarassment). And most of the times, our better-half do act like our conscience (atleast mine does sometimes :-)
But do you think, I will cave in for that ? Huh! huh! HUH! ?

Manohar said...

Yay to all 3- especially to 2 and 3. That reminds me- I need to fit a tail box for my bike. Without it i'm not able to carry my office backpack and gym bag at same time.

BrainWaves said...

Heard from my colleague that travelling to Mexico is easy and relaxing...
200$ for room and all inclusive (drinks, food, water, sandwiches by the beach ..you name anything)

Survivor said...

Mindframes,
A nice wish list.... My resolution would be to make sure that 2 & 3 are not achieved .

Manohar said...

rofl at survivor's comment

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

I was hoping to hear more such resolutions...:)

@brainwaves: I like the "you name anything..." part..:)

@survivor: Good...now I know how I should carefully plan on getting my resolutions fulfilled...

sdpal said...

@survivor: the comment is a good one.
@mindframes: When you mean biking, is it bicycle or motor bike ?

I got a dual-suspension bike (cycle).. but the weather is so cold, I cant even think of taking it out.

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

@sdpal: aim is motor bike, will settle for our regular bicycle..:)

Mad Max said...

@ Survivor: the comment was awesome...but the problem is now it becomes somewhat like a self fulfilling prophecy...because mindframes will keep ur reaction in mind while planning to achieve objectivees 2 and 3...hehehe...or is there a twist in the tale that we are missing???? heheh

my resolution: survive one more year of graduate school and my first year out of bachelorhood...whewww...seems like quite a task...

Meera Manohar said...

Survivor-- pls pls engalaiyum sethukko when you make sure those wishes are not fulfilled!! Awesome retort :)

Sdpal-- cold-a?? So much for perfect SD weather as claimed by Mr & Mrs and Jr!!
*nakkal grin*

sdpal said...

@meera..
Ippidi kavukkiriye! Btw, its better than bayarea weather (I was told by a bay-arean)