Friday, January 19, 2007

Lady Prudence & I

I looked in the mirror, and spotted two strands of white hair this morning. I know I have always had one strand that grows out of the same spot in my scalp with bull-headed determination, no matter how hard I try to uproot it, but the second one was new.

Now wait a minute.....wait a minute!

I was supposed to be wise by the time the gray hairs came! I have always wondered how the hair would know when I became wise enough for the colour change to start. Now, I see that the hairs just give you some time, and hope Lady Prudence has taken her turn and shone her brilliant rays on you. If you were goofing around while it happened, well...sad luck!
Assuming Lady Prudence follows a round robin style to make fellas wise, I would have to wait around with graying hair to get wise. All this while folks around me can look at my graying coconut, and assume I am wise.

Hmm....now, that's sounds enticing. I could offer a ton of advice that sounds more convincing than it really is, thanks to my "wise look". There is one problem - I need to get friendly with some younger dudes/dudettes who are willing to take my advice. Teenagers are out, since they don't listen to advice. I am quite young myself, so I would have to target my advice at audience aged > 19 and younger than me.

For those of you who have read this post probably know, that even if Lady Prudence scorches me with her rays, there is no way I am getting any the wiser. So, I shall live in harmony with self, few white hairs and a song on my lips!

5 comments:

sdpal said...

Look at me!
My head is 50% gray already.. Do I look wiser to you ?!
Look at others and learn to console yourself. (Btw, there are always people around us, who think we are Wise(r). Just exploit that thought and be happy!)

Anonymous said...

SDPAL: That was comforting in many ways! What you should do, is start doling out the advice, and see how people react to it!

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

interesting...I've heard similar statements made about being bald... Considering the fact that only men get bald, I wonder how the argument is justified...or, is it true?..;)

sdpal said...

@saumya:
Ive been giving lot of advice to harini lately.. shes a very good listener.. you know! Try keerthana and sriks. It will work.

Survivor said...

The Prudent Lady has scorched me enough with her rays, compensating for the lack of wisdom teeth...:-)
The wiser, the merrier...