Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Farewell...

Once in a while, I get this sudden realisation, or rather, a weird feeling of being transported back in time. Images of the past just zip through me as we see in movies. I see friends and people who were once part of my all day activities. Nothing ever happened without their notice or involvement. They were part of my life. And then, I come back to reality, where I find that all those images just vanished from my life. I dont even remember when I met them last. Did I ever know that I would never be meeting them for the rest of my life when I met them for the last time? Did I ever tell them how I felt about them, or the special bond of friendship that we shared? Is it just the way of life? Interestingly, there are people whom I thought I would never meet and even went as far as to pen them a farewell note, some of who I am still associated with...:)

Do we all share what we feel about our close friends and what we really think about them? Do we take it for granted and assume that they will be with us for the rest of our life? I had a friend back in college name Swaminathan, nick named as Centum Swaminathan because he mostly got 100 in math. Very smart guy with a pure heart. He called me up to wish me for my marriage. That was the last time I ever talked to him. Yes, sadly, he passed away. It just happened all of a sudden and I realised that I lost one of my very good friend. We all know that stuff just happens and nothing lasts for ever. But, I think we usually dont take the time to think about it. I think, we should exchange how we feel about people close to us atleast once in a while. Though I think that feelings and emotions are difficult to convey in verbose terms, I still think there is an element of expression that is essential, for, we never know...

5 comments:

Survivor said...

@Mindframes,
**************************
Interestingly, there are people whom I thought I would never meet and even went as far as to pen them a farewell note, some of who I am still associated with.
*******************************

Welll....Looks like you even got married to one of the above..:-)

BrainWaves said...

Survivor - The sherlock holmes, - He did mean his wife :)

Mad Max said...

nicely written..sorry to hear about your friend...sometimes its hard i guess...just from ur description...one of the most touching scenes from a movie (atleast for me), is from Armageddon..Bruce is hero and the scene is the climax...just prior to hitting the destrcut button, multiple frames of his daugther growing up flashes by...i thought that was really cool..

Anonymous said...

I have heard about Swaminathan from you all - it must be gut-wrenching when you feel that the person is no longer there to reach out.

sdpal said...

I felt the same way about Thamizh too! I happened to meet him every other day, when I was job hunting in Madras.