Monday, October 24, 2005

Nourished n Cherished(1) - Intriguing observations

Things I like to read vary from time to time, but all that I remember for long time has one underlying quality, it should evoke a feeling, "Ah Aha, why did I not read this before or why did nobody write this till now?".

For that same reason, I loved the very first article on this blog.

In similar vien (not similar content :)), here are some other observerations whichI missed or thought insignifcant to discuss till I read/heard about them.

What are those string like (RNA/DNA like for biologist among us) you see very close to your eyes (esp. during day time)?

For long period I thought it is just me who is seeing this and not everyone and it is not even worth talking about. When I read it is caused by liquid in our eye more than anything, I felt like that the author (in this case, Sujatha) knows exactly how I think and that gave me a sense of being among a group of similar people.
(I am sure more scientific details are easy to find with google and howstuff works etc)

Why do I get lint in my navel?

I am not sure whether this happens only for guys. I know.. I know you don't want to hear more :)

Again, I kept wondering but never tried to explore or discuss. Writer Sujatha again came to rescue. In one of his musings in Anandha vikatan, he mentioned that he also wondered and found that it is collected from our cloths similar to what happens in dryer.

Well, now I am not alone, am I?

Deja Vu

I read/heard this word for long time but understood the real meaning only few years back. Ever since I understood, this word has a magical quality. What a wonderful way to express that sense of seeing same thing again in just one word (or is it two in French too?)

Think about how many times in our life we found exactly similar thing happening again. And when we try to predict what is going to happen next, it is always wrong.

Matrix gave a good visulaization effect for Deja Vu (where the cat comes again due to matrix glitch)

Well that is all for now.

4 comments:

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

Ireadblogs too...That was rather interesting to read. I like original thoughts and these were some. I get some thoughts as well, but then, you dont want to hear about it...:)...Your article forces me to think of things that I wouldnt think of in my normal sense..:)

BrainWaves said...

My blog sounded much better and interesting in my head and in my personal editor :)

Survivor said...

Interesting observations especially about the lint. I have been intrigued by that too though I didn't exactly nourish or cherish that :-)

nourish-n-cherish said...

Now that sets me wondering on a multitude of things - like, why do I check my computer clock at 11 minutes past 9 everyday in the morning? Breakfast time ? But I can't be that precise!!!