Friday, September 08, 2006

Run of the Mill Reporting

Topic: Katrina's anniversary
Coverage: Redundant, boring
Suggestion: MOVE ON!
Excerpts:
"Most people I talked to after Katrina are hopeful and positive of rebuilding their lives."

So, let's say that for most people the focus has shifted on to getting on with life. I suggest the media do the same. While I understand the importance of learning from past mistakes, there is a point when I feel enough is enough. For all the thrashing and blame-fixing, I frankly don't see much happening.

So why continue thrashing and blame-fixing - killing time till the next fiasco? That seems to be a cruel explanation, but the only one I could come up with.

There is lots happening the world over, and as usual the US seems quite wrapped up in its own stories, however old and lackadaisical they may sound.

Just a rant ....

2 comments:

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

Not that I am insensitive to hurricane katrina or the calamities that resulted, but, when I was looking at the picture of the eye of the hurricane today, it looked like a close-up shot of a person whose head is starting to develop baldness...:)

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

http://www.spc.nssl.noaa.gov/misc/carbin/katrina/kat5_1945.gif