Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Blogger's Dilemma...

Having blogged for almost a year now, I started wondering why I've been blogging all these days. I know, its very late to be asking this question. But, better late than never. Reminds me of the time when I run into my old friends just to realise that I forgot their name. Sometimes, I do escape after a long conversation without having to call them by their name. Sometimes, they do figure it out and I end up giving an embarassing smile before they reveal their name. Anyway, coming back to my original question, why should people blog and what should they be blogging about...

There are several answers that I could think of. Is it to share your thoughts with friends and people that you know or to register your thought process to a group to get feedbacks on what people thought about a given issue or a problem? Is it that one has too much time at their disposal to write whatever one thought would be interesting irrespective of how other folks perceive it ? Is it a way to collect all the favourable responses to the recent happenings in your life just to charge yourself with positiveness ? Is it to display a group of people how smart or talented you are ? Is it a way to offload your frustrations about a given issue in your life or a global issue that affects everyone's life ? Is it a way to get a little recognition and visibility among a group of people so as to be able to extrapolate it on how the world perceives about you ? I dont know about others. But, I will have to admit that, to me, it has been a confluence of all of the above reasons. Now, how would this blog be categorized in one of the above reasonings? I dont know...

6 comments:

BrainWaves said...

You blog to put a coherent format to your thought process.(based on my observation)

I blog to tell or share a story.(which I think is funny or meaningful)

Typing this response, I realized that our blogging content tells something about us implicitly!

sdpal said...

I think, its one more way to communicate your thoughts. When you meet friends, you talk. When you can't, you blog. If I have something to say on that.. I post my comment..

Survivor said...

Hmmm..
My take on your questions..
I dont register my thought process in a blog as I know it can get boring at times.
I dont think we need to worry about how others perceive a blog.Perceptions differ , so why care.
Yes, some blogs definitely charge me with positiveness.Those are the blogs which is about people's experience with life and how they handle their sufferings.And I would be definitely happy if my blog can help someone to have a positive outlook on life.
Smart..talented....appidina? :-)
frustrations..yes..
recognition..? if some top-brass is reading our blogs, yes we can strive for that, but otherwise no.

Well..I blog because I want some entertainment, 'coz I want to spend my time writing something rather than browsing the net, and mainly if something makes an impression in my mind..

Survivor said...

IamwhatIam,
Welcome back to blogdom ! looks like you have finally found time to comment on blogs..:-)

bumblebee said...

I would say I have enjoyed being the blogger and blogee very much. Thanks to Survivor for inviting me. This has been a pleasure.

Manohar said...

My thoughts are along the same line as Shanky's. I feel its like having a conversation-- with all the pointlessness/pointfulness/etc.. that regular converstations carry along with some obv ways where the similarity ends.