Monday, December 18, 2006

Another realisation on running...

I know you folks hear a lot about running and may be bored to death. But, I have to write about it since that's all I am doing these days..:).. Well, I recently had a different perspective on running and I thought I will share it with you all.

If you think about long distance running, I think there are only 2 factors that are very vital. One is the cardio factor and the other is the muscle factor. It is all about sustaining a higher heart rate for longer periods of time and having the muscle power to endure the distance. What it means is that, for being a good long distance runner, one need not run several times a week, but rather, mix it up with other activities which can get your heart rate to increase or get your running muscles worked up. Running performance will be an immediate by-product!

4 comments:

Mad Max said...

i think that should pretty much be true...long distance running..wheww cant even think of it...hehehe

sdpal said...

The more you indulge in one thing, and you learn something new often..

BrainWaves said...

One very good thing about running is, it gives sometime alone to think. Come to think of it, only other time I get is when I drive to/from work.

Anonymous said...

BRainwaves: that is providing your thought-stream is not interrupted by the cell-phone