Thursday, September 13, 2007

Our online id's

All right, dunno if this has been blogged before, nevertheless no harm in trying again. Several of us contribute to this blog. We all have our unique id's. Some prefer to keep their names (Mano, Meera and Saumya). Others blog under different names (mindframes, survivor, brainwaves and of course Mad Max). Is there a reason to why we choose to use a pen name as against our real names?

I'm a big fan of Mel Gibson and one of his earliest movies (that i saw) was Mad Max. Somehow liked the character and thought it sounded "chic". Gibson is Max and the movie really does drive you nuts. Cars, chases, fights blah blah. Neways, Mad Max it is for me.

3 comments:

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

Interesting...I never really bothered to know why you named yourself MadMax. I thought it was something to do with Mad..:)

I think we choose pen-names because we have a choice in doing so..:)... I chose Mindframes because, as a blogger, I wanted my blogs to reflect the different state of mind for the issues or topics or problems at hand...

Survivor said...

I guess when I had to choose a screen name, Survivor was the obvious choice for me as I consider myself a survivor of all sorts and hopefully can survive blogging too..

BrainWaves said...

Reason I preferred the pen name is to avoid exposing my identity to outside world who will be waiting to read as soon as my blogs were published :)

Initially I thought choosing a new id will be quick & easy. Little did I realize it is not that trivial.
- I should come up with innovative name to match other's id.
-Cannot name movies I like because that is already done
- should be simple

I had a blog heading called Direct Brian Access and wanted to have similar meaning and chose Brian Waves.

Did not satisfy my creativity, but did keep the crazy fans of mine away.