Monday, June 05, 2006

What is your pick?

" Sir..I can sell you these legs ( wooden legs ) for 50 dollars . I bought it for my mom. She rarely used it.It is in very good shape"
"No thanks..I have legs of my own for now."
" No sir..The desert is filled with mines. You can lose yours anytime.You would have to wait 1 year to get a new leg from Red Cross."


" And that would be Sir Issac Newton. He was also a grandmaster of the Priori"
" You, my dear was the secret that the priori was protecting"

"Ennaku therinjadellam engappa, appuram andha padiayyapa..nee po paapa, illena pesuven cheapa.."

Dialogues from three different movies that I watched yesterday..

One was a reality jolt. You worry about a sprain in the leg when there are people who have their legs blown out by mines and really scramble and fight for artificial ones. - Movie : Kandahar ( Afghanistan in the Taliban era)

One was a thriller. You get lost in the world of mystery, christianity, mary magdalene ,priori. One of those movies where subtitles would certainly help if you have not read the book. Movie: Da vinci Code

The last one....Hmmm..I am not sure if it was a comedy, thriller, mystery or HORROR. I got too scared and could not watch it after 15 minutes.The dialogues were amazing though as you can see from the sample. Being T.Rajendaran' movie, lot of rhyming going on .
Movie: "Kadhal Azivadhilai"

For Kandahar, we rented a DVD, Davinci code - we went to the theater, Kadhal Azivadhilai - was transmitted in Sun TV. The line up obviously shows the interest. I would prefer watching a comedy or a thriller anyday but I think we all need to watch a movie like Kandahar every now and then to understand the pain that people elsewhere undergo and get a huge REALITY jolt.
What is your pick?

5 comments:

BrainWaves said...

It takes lot of effort for me to pull myself to watch serious movie. But I do watch it regularly.
I prefer to watch them by myself, since I want the impact to be not influnced by others.

My order of preference is,
Kandahar, Da Vinci Code and (NOT)Kadhal Azivathilai

I liked few of TR's lyrics other than that I have nothing positive to say about TR and Simbu(TR-2)

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

Needless to say that I watched all the 3 movies as well...:)... I dont have fixed preferences among the 3. It depends on the time of the day and my mood... As brainwaves said, that TR's movie will never be in my list...;)

As survivor rightly put it, we do need reality jolts once in a while to get us away from mundane dimensions of life, especially, in the way we experience it...We are certainly blessed in a lot of ways...

sdpal said...

I also prefer to watch kandahar type of movies alone.
My pick Da-vinci, Kandahar immediately followed by kaadhal azhivadhillai (if thats the only choice given)
(Reality films always disturb me for a while. So, I prefer some junk comedy movies (atleast half-hour or something like that) after a serious movie. Especially, If Im going to sleep after the serious movie).

sdpal said...

Congrats on your Masters degree graduation.

bumblebee said...

Probably Kandahar, Da Vinci in that order. The T.Rajendar's movie I doubt I can watch in any setting unless I am physically restrained or one of my good friends have highly recommended it.

Yes, movies like Kandahar would definitely distract me from my preoccupation with my swollen finger caused by a miniature flying object that most probably lost its life seconds after stinging me. These movies put things in perspective and I appreciate them even if I need a towel handy.