Thursday, June 22, 2006

Focus

I happened to see this Successories poster after a long time which reads, "If you chase two rabbits, both will escape". It does make a lot of sense, atleast to me, since I am not really good at multi-tasking. For lack of tasks in my thought queue (thanks to Shoba who took up cooking today..:)), I decided to "focus".

If everyone works on just one single task, how good can one get by the end of their lifetime? It could begin with simple tasks such as dicing vegetables uniformly, growing a plant to the biggest size, touching the tongue to tip of nose, reading the maximum number of books and the list could go on and on. I think we all should formulate atleast one task that we should perfect over time. If you think about it, we already do that in everything we pursue. Just that we dont consciously realise that. I think, if we consciously focus on perfecting, we will certainly be magnitudes apart from any of our couterparts. Not so much for the bragging rights (which is ofcourse a bonus), but, we should be able to prove to ourselves that we are capable of doing more than what we think we can and execute it as well.

As this thought process came to its logical conclusion, I happened to see this poster from despair.com which reads, "Dreams are like rainbows. Only idiots chase them"..:)

3 comments:

sdpal said...

Actually after a certain period, wont anyone feel bored, doing the same thing (no matter how interesting it is and how better they get at it)
(I can see, to escape from cooking.. you did focussing ? :-)

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

Thanks for the comment dude... The blog was supposed to be a joke...;)

Mad Max said...

hehehe...very interesting...u should read Adam Smith's The Wealth of Nations...he talks about division of labour, specialization and how it contributes to improvement in efficiency...wish i could really improve efficiency (in my own life) by chasing my dreams...lol..nice post