Thursday, June 01, 2006

Blogdiac..?

When asked to peruse a two page document
"Hey! Shouldn't that be an "is" instead of "are"? "
When asked about the results of a facial..
"Hey! I think the beautician could have done a better job close to your chin there"
Welcome to the world of criticism. I call it the world of nitty gritty details. I commend myself on being a good critic , ofcourse blaming it on being a virgo. We call ourselves perfectionists too. Not that we are perfect all the time. Again, we have a virgo clan at work who may not keep their desks in perfect shape but think we have the perfect programs written. We like being perfect where it matters. Ha Ha..Linda Goodman says that Virgoes are not social animals and dont feel comfortable in a big crowd. When someone asks me about being aloof in a party, I blame it on being a virgo. If I had been a scorpio or a cancerian ,maybe things would have been different. If I find some trait not known to be a virgoan characteristic, I blame it on being a cusp and some of the libran sneeking in from time to time, though indecisiveness is not one of them for sure.
No, I am not blabbering...thats neither a virgoan nor a libran trait..just trying to write down my thoughts on being a virgo and a good critic and patting myself on the back...and to blog after such a long hiatus.
An interesting tidbit : I somehow dont get along well with virgo males...maybe 'coz they criticize too much and look for all the nitty gritty details..:-)

6 comments:

bumblebee said...

A treat to read this after having been away from this blog for such a long while!

Not long ago, when someone asked me what trait Virgo had, I said Virgos can be hard to tolerate. If I am asked for feedback, I do due diligence.

When I find someones behaviour strange or annoying, I make sure I find out what their zodiac sign is!

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

I believe to some extent on zodiac signs. No, not on the day to day horoscopes for different zodiac signs. Overall, I believe there are some good characterizations that have evolved over the ages... It is quite interesting to note that it is common across all humans in the world...

Another way to look at it is that, irrespective of where you are on earth, there are only 12 different kinds of people that you have to deal with...:)...Me saying that, by itself might be an outcome of my zodiac sign..I dont know..:)

BrainWaves said...

If zodiac signs are used for positive stereo-typing based on OR used as a joke, it should be ok.
And as long as people don't make decisions(that leaves Libra out, isnt it? :)) based on that, it is good for everyone.

nourish-n-cherish said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nourish-n-cherish said...

I agree with Brainwaves comment. I am a Scorpio, and sick of all the negative stereo-typing that goes with the sign. "Never mess with a Scorpio" they say.

I dread it when people ask me my zodiac sign, because they invariably get judgemental once they hear my sign, and I have Linda Goodman to thank for this!

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»