Monday, December 12, 2005

Weird thoughts..

As we all know, our mental thoughts are usually dependent on the ongoings in our life at a particular time phase. Some of them are too weird and we dont ever let it out.

I remember the instance when my parents were looking for a groom . I was 21 and I guess they were eager to get me married then. I looked at some photos and even met a couple of would-be grooms.There was this guy,US settled (no Susheela, not the one I saw when you were in my house) and his parents came to SEE me. I smiled and didn't talk much as I was not sure if I was going to end up in their list for their supposedly all-in-all son. I saw the BOY's photo , didn't find it very impressive in the first glance and during that phase of life, not knowing the importance of life,looks were sorta my main criteria for shortlisting.They asked for my resume !!YES ,RESUME and gave me the guy's bio. His height was specified as 5'4'' . I jumped up and down saying he was too short ( no Sri !! I know what you are thinking,NO smart ass comments about my height) . My parents were gaping open-mouthed at my acrobatics and tried explaining that height doesnot matter in relationships. Anyway, my decision was final. For the next few days, my thought was revolving around guys' height. Whenever I walked into the elevator at work, I used to look at all the guys around me and wonder what their height could be and how tall they look when compared to me. This went on for a few days and I used to laugh at myself .Finally, it stopped when my thoughts started drifting elsewhere.

Tomorrow, if I see my look-alike infront of me, I doubt if I will ever be able to recognise her. In the climax scene in movies, when two long lost brothers meet, have you seen how they stare at each other and go,"Wow!You look just like me." I dont think I can recognise myself . I just dont look at myself that often. My face was a thin,long one and changed to a round,chubby face after some time. People who had seen me during my college days and who were not with me during the changing phase, have never recognised me with the change. My thoughts always revolve around how I might have looked then. Till today, whenever I see a lanky,thin,dark girl with reasonable features in SunTV, my first question to Suresh will be, "Does she resemble the Shoba of olden days?".This intriguing thought is not momentary but is always in the background.

Recently, when I was undergoing chemo, it was always difficult for the nurses to find my veins as they are thin and deep. From then on, if I see a vein in anybody's arm that is very visible, I go,"Wow ! Isn't that great " . I started noticing people's arms , including the tele actors. Suresh , having seen my difficulty started thinking the same. Well..it stopped when my chemo got over and my thoughts started moving elsewhere. If you get a chance to watch Mr.and Mrs.Smith, you will find that Angelina Jolie's veins really pop out in some scenes.

Ofcourse, some weird thoughts are better unsaid !! :-)

7 comments:

BrainWaves said...

Ok. I refrain from any comments on height.

It always had this weird thought about weird thoughts. If anyone ever find mind reading machine, then the world will break and chaos will break the world.

I did watch Mr & Mrs Smith. I can certainly tell you that my eyes were never on her viens :)

Survivor said...

Brainwaves,
I posted this blog hoping to see people share some of their weird thoughts..

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

Since survivor said that, "weird thoughts are better left unsaid", it is forcing me to not say a whole lot of weird thoughts that cross my mind. Ofcourse, a filtered nicer flavor wouldnt do any harm, I guess. So, here are a couple of them...

If I see someone with boogers in their nose or eye or something sticking up their teeth, I cant concentrate on anything but those when I speak to them. If I know them very well, I immediately tell them OR I talk about other things but yet, end up looking at it...

While driving, I associate some kind of opinion about every drivers that I pass through. I dont know if it is with the car, or the way they cut right in front of me or just the person sitting in it. But, once an opinion is formed, especially a negative one, I cant stop until I overtake them and go very far ahead. That probably reflects my attitude as well...

BrainWaves said...

I don't look into mirror much (very less till few years back) mainly because when I started looking at myself too long, then I have this out of body feeling. I.e. as if I am looking at someone else and mind kind of goes to recursive state.

Is it same for everyone? From the little I gathered, I found people who practised in front of mirror (for speeches etc) don't find it odd.

bumblebee said...

The weird (maybe more disgusting than weird) thought that came to my mind - when I was in India and driving a Scooty. I hated wearing helmets, because what if a truck carrying steel sheets in front of me braked suddenly, the sheets flew off the back of the truck and took my head off! Then someone might end up doing the grisly job of extricating my head from the helmet to put it back on my body! Yes, maybe better left unsaid...

Survivor said...

Bumblebee,
Just imagining that is disgusting.This brings me memories of the moment when we were driving in your scooty and met with an accident ,colliding with an autorickshaw full of people. I can still recall you swearing at that guy and fighting like crazy.

bumblebee said...

Survivor, I agree with your name. Especially after you rode with me!

You seem to remember the tiff better than I do :-)