Friday, May 09, 2008

Run Away!

"Amma - why isn't appa home yet" asked my daughter while we were reading her bedtime story last night. I answered her saying her father was held up at work. When she persisted, I explained that her father had a bug, and that was why he was late.

"Then he should run away right? Ms Chato said if you see a bug, you must run away! Is it a snake or a small bug?" (Ms Chato is her teacher)

I did not explain that running away from a bug in a software engineering department is not going to bring you any accolades in your career.

I laughed, and enjoyed the sweet fragrance of innocence that the scent of childhood bears.

3 comments:

Meera Manohar said...

:-)))) I can totally imagine Keena saying that..

Even funnier was when I visualized Daddy Dearest running back home on 237E *ROFLOL*

BrainWaves said...

Bug bitten father was ROFL when it happened. Nice job of recreating the scene through this blog

Mad Max said...

ROFL...