Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Haile Gebrselassie, inspiration and a movie

Considered one of the greatest long distance runners and the current marathon world record holder at Berlin 2007, with a finish time of 2:04:26

Here is the last few minutes of the finish.



A CNN clip of him



And while we are talking about running- An inspirational video of the New York City Marathon



And for those of you who have been sufficiently inspired, there is an Indie movie releasing tomorrow (hopefully in a theatre near you)- The spirit of the marathon.
http://www.marathonmovie.com/home.html

5 comments:

bryan said...

Cool! I found your post from the live feed on the Haile Gebrselassie page I created. I didn't know about the marathon movie. I'll have to check it out.

If you like Haile Gebrselassie, check out the page I made. Lots of great videos and links!

http://www.squidoo.com/haile_gebrselassie

or if you're a runner, check out my blog at

http://optimaltraining.typepad.com

nourish-n-cherish said...

Since there won't be reruns of the movie, I am hoping it will come on DVD soon. Maybe then I will understand why marathoners do what they do.

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

One thing that I always like about running a marathon is that, it is not something that one could do within few weeks of focus... It requires the kind of effort and focus that needs to span over very long periods of time... Not just while running but the entire training effort needs a laser focus over several months... Just being able to run a marathon, in a way, makes a person stand above the rest...And, to stand above everyone in such a sport...No words can explain my admiration for a great runner like Haile Gebrselassie...

Manohar said...

@bryan: awesome site(s) you have there. I enjoyed watching the 10000m races and the narrow finish.

@saumya: In my opinion its like meditation, some of the emotions can't really be acurately communicated and to truly get it one must do it. And to truly truly get it, one must do it several times. I have discovered so much about me that its amazing.

@mindframes: Dude, did u see the 10000m finish videos that bryan has in his site? I had an adrenaline rush the entire day :)

Meera Manohar said...

Owing to the film's popularity, it is releasing again on Feb 21'08

Source: The Manohar times :)