Thursday, June 21, 2007

Momentary Puzzle...

Today, I looked at something in the time that puzzled me for a moment. Thought it was interesting enough to share. I was looking at a set of start and end times (wall clock time). I saw something that started at 12:33PM and ended by 10:24PM...Hmm...for a moment, I thought there was something wrong. Shouldnt the end time be always greater than the start time unless ofcourse it was the next day? As you can see, it is not. If the start time lies in the 12:00-12:59 domain, the end time will be smaller than the start time... One can probably build a puzzle around this...

4 comments:

Mad Max said...

@Mindframes: interesting thought...never thought of this one before...

sdpal said...

you always have weird thoughts dude..
Anyhow, good thinking..

BrainWaves said...

I always have issue with 12PM+ & 12AM+ timings. With so many confusions around that time, I wonder why people can't change that it into unambiguous number.

What is wrong with an answer of zero:fifteen PM for 15 minutes past noon?

It is certainly puzzlable :)

Manohar said...

it is a C vs Pascal thing. (zero index vs 1 index) :)