Sunday, April 30, 2006

Snapshot...

I was watching Grey's Anatomy today and I heard the following statements which just stuck to me. I thought I should snapshot it somewhere. Where else would it be if not for this blog..:)

"I was not the brightest student in the music school. But, what I lacked in ability, I compensated with my practice. I practiced... a lot... and I became the best."

"One can achieve anything in life as long as they are willing to sacrifice everything else for it."

"When I thought about what I did with my life, the only things that I remembered were the ones where I chose to do things that I was not supposed to do. I realised that life is not to be lived by the rules."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have started watching the show.. that's nice. most of my friends call it a chick flick. i disagree. don't you think its a well made show.. especially season 1 (witty and quirky).
do check out my other fav show "medium". i must admit that it is kind of a dark show and scary, but then part of the show focuses on the lead pairs family (dynamics). the chemistry that the husband and wife share with each other and their kids is special. the kids are just cute, especially the middle daughter. you just want to give her a big hug. she is a brat, kind of like a female version of calvin.

Anonymous said...

Success.....is a sweet thing when you finally do well in what you have been practising for! It is sweeter when you have toiled, and know your efforts paid off.

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

Though I watched Grey's Anatomy, I dont watch it regularly. That said, in general, I have noticed that serials have some profound thoughts sprayed throughout. It is good to hear such statements once in a while...

I like the comment about the definition of Success...It is very much true...