Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Karma

I was reading intent blog this morning and hit upon a blog by MallikaChopra talking about soul mates. One of the commentators had mentioned about past karma relating to our present family relationships. I always used to think that we dont have a choice in choosing our parents, siblings etc ...all we can choose are our friends and spouses. But, reflecting on these thoughts and what he said, maybe we do choose our family after all. Maybe we do decide where to be born depending on our past karma. And ofcourse, maybe we choose our soul-mates also based on our karma.
Related to this, we were watching the movie "Final Destination" the other day. It talks about death's pattern and how it takes life right on time. You can never disrupt the design. If its your time to die, you do. If not, how much every you try, you wont. ..Kinda' an hair-raising thriller . It does make sense . There are people who have had close call with death and escape just in time. And numerous others, who die without knowing what hit them.
Bottom line is karma decides all. Atleast, for people who suffer, it is better to accept the suffering as karma and fight over it than wondering why they have to suffer.

4 comments:

BrainWaves said...

Everyone (who internalize) goes through this phases of Karma and "we choose our destiny". Believing on Karma when we feel down (or thinks out of our control happens) and believing we should work hard for our destiny other times will be Ideal.

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

I like to atleast feel that I have control over my destiny. If there is any theory which is orthogonal to that assumption, I despise that theory, even if there is a chance that the theory is true. That said, there are certain things that are universally true, like death, of which one has no control over.

One way to think of life is like watching a movie in a theater. You know that the movie is going to end and you know very well that you will be back to square one. You have the choice to have fun and enjoy the movie or think of the initial/final condition. I think Karma is the initial/final condition and yet, we have the choice to have fun !

nourish-n-cherish said...

I look at Karma as some sort of guiding parameter - every good deed adds onto your positive karma and every bad deed onto your negative karma. Of course, sub-consciously and consciously, I try to accrue more of the good variety. I am not sure how this will help me in my after-life, but I find it helps me live my current life better. It helps me accept success and shortcomings with grace - as it is all a function of karma.

I know this is not exactly what you were referring to in your blog, but I thought I would share my thoughts on karma.

bumblebee said...

I like your blog. I don't know what to believe. But I don't attribute events to "destiny" as much now as I did as a child and adolescent.