Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My roles…. (Confusing roles of a woman)


This is a poem written by blogger "prof" .Since she has forgotten her l0gin id & passwd, I am taking the role of an assistant and pasting it from a file.


What role do I don?

The sacrificing mother,
Or the loving daughter?
Should I be the willing wife,
Offering myself,
Or just for a change,
An eager lover?
The woman with the shell,
Or simply the woman with a heart?
Should I protect myself,
From the jibes, or
Just let joy flow,
As HE willed it to be?
The bubbling laughter,
Bursting to spring forth,
Should I stifle it with a soft,
Muffle, deep into the soul?

The unknown love, reaching to
The world;
Is it to be sung, or swallowed,
In mute silence?
Am I all the roles I don,
Or am I just a sham?

3 comments:

Manohar said...

Nice one. I like it!

Mad Max said...

@ Survivor: sweet..nice words...

Suresh Sankaralingam said...

I think it is the contention between admiring our "self" or not... to be "truthful" or not...to be "humble" or not... to be "forgiving" or not...or just, in generality, to be * or ~(*)...